I have read a whole lot of awful stuff about how Czech Republic’s food is very bland and how awesome the beverage is. Of course, when we talk about gastronomy, beer takes the first place. Czech’s love their beer, that’s why they proudly boast to be the highest consumer of beer in the world. but today, my post is to introduce a whole new aspect of food that you can enjoy while staying at Czech Republic. I am going to add a new light to the gastronomical world of Czech food. The tradition of cooking has been carefully sorted out and preserved for centuries together. Czech’s like to keep their food simple but full of bursting flavors the moment it hits your mouth. Therefore, let me introduce to you the most delicious foods from the country without further introductions:
1. This is one of the most loved and enjoyed meal by the Czech’s. It combines, three entirely different flavours to make it one dish, it has pork braised and cooked separately with cumin seeds, and homemade most famous dumplings called ‘knedlo’, and saucy sauerkraut that you would have never tried else where. must try!
2. This dish is another classic meal, you must try without which I wouldn’t recommend you leave from the country! Usually served with french fries, this delicacy is scrumptious and a melt in the mouth. The ‘Gouda‘ cheese is cubed and bread-crumbed and fried for a delicious bite. ‘Smazeny’ means ‘Fried’ which is how it derives it name simply as ‘Fried Cheese’
Hovezi gulas s knedlikom
3. A sight for the sore eyes. not only does this dish looks good but tastes excellent. the onions on the top makes it a winner. this dish is a classic beef ‘goulash‘ with homemade dumplings. don’t forget to try it out!
Svickova na Smetane
4. This typical czech dish is called the ‘beef sirloin in cream sauce’ is one of the most popular dishes in the country. usually prepared with marinated beef sirloin and double cream sauce, served with cranberry sauce and whip cream.
5. As mentioned previously ‘Smazeny‘ means fried. This is also a fried based dish but this time it is with cauliflower. boiled and fried, its crunchy to the taste buds. Vegetarians don’t hesitate to look out for this one!
Smazeny Rizek a Bramborovym Salat
6. The Salad is a stunning recipe, with bursting flavors of boiled eggs, vinegar and potatoes. Rizek referred to as Steak is served with a typical czech potato salad. you are going to lick your plate clean! 😉
7. As you can already notice that the Czech food mainly consists of Potatoes, this recipe calls for grated potatoes, mixed with flavored spices with loads of cumin. favored more as a short eat by the Czechs.
Klobasa a chlebem a horcici
8. Yet another short eat, you can find this on any corner of the country. mostly preferred by the beer lovers on a summer day! Klobasa is classic Czech sausage which is served with traditional Czech Bread and a dollop of Mustard sauce.
Parek a Rohiliku
9. This is similar to a Hot Dog from America but the Czech version. served with a Czech sausage bun stuffed with a sausage of your choice with some mustard. also a short eat!
In my next post, I am going to take you through the fabulous Czech Savories that you can enjoy. Trust me you will not be disappointed.
Hope you enjoyed the read!