I was walking back to the visa center from a visa photography session for the visa application constructing this post to make aware the all possible procedures to organize your UK visa and accomplish it with no hassle or time consumption. it is going to be definitely helpful if it matters to you. This post will help you no matter which part of the world you are going to submit your application. Follow the below procedure and tada! you do not have to worry about anything else.
I don’t know when I plan to go to the UK, but a tourist visa comes with a 6 months of a validity period which means you can travel any number of times back and forth the country. but initially when I decided I would eventually go visit there to see the country, travel around the meadows and plains of Scotland and the bustling city of London, I instantly applied for one. But in order to apply, I did a bit of research, then it came to my knowledge that you got to make an account online and apply for one and then visit the visa center for a appointment with them. the procedure comes in 6 steps:
1. Application submitted
2. Transferred for decision
3. Received by the UK visa examiner
4. Decision made
5. Ready for collection
6. Passport Returned
Here’s is the website you may register for an online account : https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa.
fill in the form in English, pay in the visa fee (varies from different nationality) online in most cases. once you have completed it, the website will let you print your form and an appointment confirmation date and time along with the address and your reference number. this form is a very important form as you would need to provide it to the contact person from the visa center to do your bio-metric procedure. now you must be wondering what is bio-metric? i will explain it in a few minutes, so, once you have gotten your form printed, it will provide you the available dates of interview, you can select which you are convenient with. on the day of your appointment ensure you have the below following as your supporting documents along with the printed form that you would be submitting.
1. 2 photos
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline, unless worn daily for a religious purpose. Your full face must be visible, and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices, or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
- in case you wear glasses, do not wear them
- for girls pin up your hair, even the hair that covers your face unless you want your application to be rejected.
2. if you are going there for a visit, your flight ticket confirmation.
3. your hotel stay and accommodation details
4. Bank statement from the last 6 months
5. if you are travelling with your spouse, passport copy of his/her.
note: if you do not have your photocopies, they would send you for all of the above mentioned to bring them to process to the next step.
trust me , when i added the above note as I had to walk a mile to get photocopies from the visa center that I applied in Athens.
so, once you got all of these submitted, the person who is responsible to verify the documents, asks you to make a couple of signatures and then you are taken to the next step of :
so this simply means, they will take your finger prints, signatures and photographs for identification purpose. you will be asked to place your 4 fingers of one hand each leaving the thumb on the finger print screen and it would screen the prints and authenticates. and the same is done for the thumbs. you are also asked to remove glasses if you wear them for a photograph. and then on a electronic pen you will be asked to give your signature which is the apple of the eye to the whole appointment session like a celebrity kind of feel. 🙂
Once the procedure of bio-metric is completed you will be asked to fill in a feedback form and you could track your application online with the website given by the examiner. it usually take 15 working days for the visa to arrive from the date of submission.
Hope this post was helpful for your future applications.